Jul. 22, 2023
Welcome to the teaching video series on installation and testing of the Limbach L550E engine. In this episode, we will introduce engine testing.
This series of videos is suitable for WF-EN-series engine test bench, support custom service, welcome to contact us.
Test bench placement requirements
The test bench needs to be horizontally fixed and can be fixed on the iron platform or ground using fixtures and bolts. If tested off site, counterweights or weights need to be fixed.
Preparation before start the engine
- Before starting the engine, it is first necessary to confirm that the power supply to the starting motor is disconnected.
- Open the fuel tank cap.
- Pour fuel with a mixture ratio of 1:50 into the fuel tank.
- In the ignition switch and electric start control box, the red emergency switch is the ignition switch, pressed to the "ignition off" state, and popped up to the "ignition on" state. The green button is the electric start switch, pressed to the "motor start" state, and popped up to the "motor stop" state
Note: In case of emergency during the test, press the red button to shut down the engine. Confirm that the ignition switch is in the "ignition off" state, close the control box, and install hand screws to make the control box in an unauthorized state.
Attention: Before engine testing, it is important to ensure that no person are near the testing area, especially in the propeller area!
Start Engine Test
Before ignition, it is required to inspect the electric starting and oil circuit:
- Power on the starting motor
- Turn on the control box and put it in an authorized state.
- In the "ignition off" state, press the electric start button to observe whether the starting motor can drive the engine to rotate normally, and check if there is fuel suction in the transparent oil pipe.
- In the software, click "Unlock" to adjust the throttle to 20%, with a throttle opening of 20%, and click "Record"
- Rotate the ignition switch to eject, and it will be in the "ignition on" state. Press the electric start button to start the engine, and release the start button after the engine starts.
Attention: New engines or engines that have not been used recently require multiple attempts to start until the built-in diaphragm pump of the carburetor can pump enough fuel. To ensure good cooling of the starting motor during multiple starts, the working time of each starting motor shall not exceed 8 seconds, and the starting interval shall not be less than 2-3 minutes.
After the engine runs smoothly, the engine RPM can be controlled by increasing or decreasing the throttle.
For example, gradually reduce the throttle from 20% until the speed approaches 3000 rpm, maintain the throttle, and the software will continuously record the test data at 3000 rpm.
Complete the test, stop and turn off the engine
- After the test is completed, please adjust the throttle to the "idle" position, that is, gradually reduce the throttle to 0%.
- Press the ignition switch to set it to the "ignition off" state and turn off the engine.
Attention: If the engine undergoes long-term grinding, it is necessary to put the throttle in the "idle" position and run for a few minutes. After the engine cools down, turn off the ignition switch.
After the engine shuts down, confirm that the ignition switch of the engine is in the disconnected state, close the control box, and install hand screws to make the control box in an unauthorized state.
Disconnect the power supply of the starting motor to ensure the safety of the testing area. Preliminary testing of the L550E engine has been completed. Thank you for watching the engine testing video!